Important: This article applies to Network Solutions customers only.
When you purchased the DIY Website Builder package, you had the option to use an existing domain name or obtain a new one with the builder. You’ll need to check to see if you purchased a new domain when buying the website builder, or if you chose to use an existing one with a current registrar.
If you are using an existing domain name, please follow these steps:
1. The builder did attempt to publish the site, but you will need to update the DNS with the Registrar/Company where it was originally purchased.
Note: Updating the DNS (Domain Name Server) will allow your domain/URL to be connected with the website builder.
2. Where did you purchase your domain from?
- If you purchased the domain from Network Solutions: https://knowledge.web.com/subjects/article/KA-01111/en-us
- If you purchased the domain elsewhere (ie. GoDaddy, Domain.com LLC, etc.), you'll need to contact the domain provider to update your DNS.
- If you don't know where you purchased the domain from, go to https://whois.icann.org/en and enter the domain name. On the results page, go down to ‘Registrar’
- If Results are returned, the company name that appears after “Registrar” and/or the domain after ‘URL’ is the company you registered your domain with. Contact them for further assistance with updating your DNS.
Note: Please contact Network Solutions customer support to know the new name server addresses you will need to update the DNS to.
Network Solutions Customer Support: 1 (800) 361-5712