Have you recently received the below error message within your Apple mail client? In that case, it is likely associated with a recent update to the SSL certificate on our email servers.
The below steps show how to trust the new certificate from your computer or device. This must be done because the mail certificate was re-issued, and the new certificate should be trusted.
For iPhone/iPad Users
For Mac Mail Users
Important: The steps may vary based on what device you are using, your provider, and the version of your Operating System. Please refer to your device’s instructions if you need further assistance.
To get started, you will need to remove your email from your device. If you need assistance with removing your email account, please refer to your computer or device's instructions as these steps can change. For Apple's support page for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, click here.
Remove an email from your iPhone/iPad
Setup your email on your iPhone/iPad
- iOS 14 -Tap Mail then tap Accounts
- iOS 13/12 - Passwords & Accounts
- iOS 11 - Accounts & Passwords
- iOS 10 - Mail
- iOS 9 - Mail, Contacts, Calendars
Once you have removed your email account, you can set it up automatically or manually. Setting your email up automatically will allow you to set the account up without entering any settings. Here is what you will need to get started:
- Your domain name
- Email address
- Remember to change .ext to your actual domain extension. For example, if your domain name is cutecats.com, then you would enter mail.cutecats.com/ios
2. On the Email Setup Page, enter your email address, then tap Get Started. A pop-up message appears asking if you want to allow the website to open settings to show you a configuration profile.
3. Once you tap Allow, the profile will be downloaded.
5. Go into Settings and tap Profile Downloaded. You will see this above Airplane Mode.
6. On the Install Profile screen, tap Install.
7. Enter your passcode if prompted then tap Install again.
8. Enter the password for the mailbox, then tap Next.
9. Once the setup has completed, the Profile Installed screen appears.
10. Tap Done in the upper right section of the screen.
Your email setup is now complete. Your email account appears in the Mailboxes list in the Mail app on your device. If you would like to use a third-party client such as Outlook, please click here.
To get started, you will need to remove your email from your device. If you need assistance with removing your email account, please refer to your computer or device's instructions as these steps can change. For Apple's support page for a Mac, click here.
Important: If your email is setup in Mac Mail as POP, any email content will not be recoverable if you remove your email and reconfigure it. To ensure content is not lost, please do not remove the mail account prior to following the steps below. Once the new profile is configured, you can manually move the email from the old account to the new one.
Note: Automatic setup of email accounts requires iOS version 9 or later and only supports the Safari internet browser.
If you are provided with the option to trust the new certificate, select the option to true. If the above option does not work, you will need to reconfigure your email on the device you are using. Please follow the below steps for assistance with reconfiguring your email client.
To set up your email box on your Mac Mail:
1. In the Safari internet browser, enter the URL in this format: mail.exampledomain.ext/ios.
- For example, if your domain name is cutecats.com, then you would enter mail.cutecats.com/ios
2. On the Email Setup Page, enter your email address, then tap Get Started.
3. A pop-up will appear that says, “Install Profile for *email address you are configuring*?” Click Continue.
4. Enter in the password to your mailbox, and then click Install.
5. You may get a pop-up that asks you to enter the password you use to unlock your computer.
Note: Please note that if you get this pop-up, the username will be pre-populated to the one you use to unlock the account, and not your email address. If you get this pop-up, please make sure you are entering the proper password, and not the password to the mailbox.
Your email setup is now complete.
To move your email messages to the new profile:
If you had content in the mailbox previously that did not move over when the new profile was created, you can follow these instructions.
1. Go into Mac Mail and click the drop-down icon next to Inbox.
2. You will see two mail accounts, one will be just the domain name, and the other will show the full email address. The account that shows only the domain name is the old account, and the account that shows the full email address is the new one you just configured.
3. Click on the old account.
4. Go into the Inbox and select the first message.
5. Hold the Command button and the “A” button to select all the messages.
6. Once selected, you can drag them into the Inbox on the other account.
Note: This will take a little while to process, especially if you have a large amount of email messages to move. It is normal that you might not see these emails start to move for several minutes. Please do not keep dragging and dropping the same message until you have given it enough time to process the request.
7. Once the messages are finished moving, you can go into your account settings, and remove the old email account.
If you need assistance with removing your email account, please refer to your computer or device's instructions as these steps can change.
Your email messages have been moved.
1. Enter the address https://wcp5.hostingplatform.com in your Safari browser. Then, click on the “padlock" on the screen.