Use advanced setup to add a POP or IMAP email account in Outlook for Windows
If you need to enter specific values for incoming and outgoing server names, port numbers, or SSL settings, you can use Outlook's advanced setup option. You can use these instructions to add a POP or IMAP account to Outlook.
- 1. Open Outlook and select File > Add Account.
- 2. On the next screen, enter your email address, select "Advanced Options", then check the box for "Let Me Set Up My Account Manually" and select "Connect".
- 3. Select your account type. The two options are IMAP and POP3. Most companies commonly use IMAP, but POP3 instructions are included as well if necessary.
- 4. The Account settings screen should be pre-populated with most of the account settings you need.
- 5. Enter your password and then select "Connect".