Important: This article applies to Network Solutions® customers only.
Select the section below:
It is imperative to make sure your password is strong to ensure the protection of your mailbox by restricting access by any unauthorized users. Setting up a complex password increases the difficulty for a hacker to obtain your password, whether by a brute force attack or an automated machine attack.
Your password must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 12 characters (Note: max. of 32 characters permitted).
- Must contain at least three of the following:
- an uppercase character
- a lowercase character
- a number (0-9)
- a special character (!@#$%^&*)
- Must not be the same as your current password or previous 5 passwords.
- Must not include any portion of your email address - including your domain name.
- Should not contain any personal information.
Here are a few examples of bad passwords:
- Your domain name or name
- aardvark, honey, badger, lightswitch or any single dictionary word
Here are a few examples of good passwords:
As an authorized contact on the account, it is important to keep the passwords for mailboxes secure. Occasionally, a user will need to reset the password.
Follow these steps below for an authorized contact to reset the Email box passwords from within your Account Manager.
1. Click here to log in to your account.
2. Enter your Network Solutions Account Manager username and password.
3. On the left side of the Account Manager Home page, click Email.
4. On the Email page, all mailboxes under your account will be displayed. Select the mailbox that you want to update, then click Change Password.
Note: If you have multiple domains under your account, you will have an option to view the mailboxes by domain.
5. A pop-up will appear. Enter the password of your choice following the password requirements, then click Continue.
Your email password has been updated successfully.
Important: You will need to update any email clients (ex. Outlook) or devices that you use to access your email with this new password. Visit this page for assistance or refer to the instructions for your email client or device.
To help protect our customer's email accounts from being compromised, we have implemented changes to detect weak passwords. If your password is weak or does not meet our complexity requirements, you will be required to reset your password. The following pop-up may appear upon signing into webmail.
Note: This is a security requirement, so you are unable to opt out of this requirement.
You may also have recently been prompted to reset your password via email or through your web version of the email. To avoid any interruption of service, please follow one of the options below to reset the email password:
- Log into your webmail page, mail.(yourdomain).com. Follow the prompts of the password reset wizard when presented.
- If the password reset wizard does NOT prompt you, follow the steps found noted below:
- Step 1: Log into mail.(yourdomain).com
- Step 2: Click on the "Settings" option.
- Step 3: Click on the "Mail" option in the left menu.
- Step 4: Click the option for "Password reset" in the left menu.
- Step 5: Supply your old password along with your new password.
- Your Account Administrator can log into the Network Solutions Account Manager and reset your password in the Email section.