It is extremely important to make sure your password is secure to ensure the protection of your mailbox and data. An insecure password could be just as dangerous as posting your social security number online.
- If your password is weak or does not meet our complexity requirements, you’ll be required to reset your password. The following pop-up may appear upon signing into webmail.
- Note: This is a security requirement, so you are unable to opt-out of this requirement.
Your password must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 12 characters (Note: max. of 32 characters permitted)
- Must contain at least three of following:
- An uppercase character
- A lowercase character
- A number (0-9)
- A special character (!@#$%^&*)
- Must not be the same as your current password or previous 5 passwords
- Must not include any portion of your email address-including your domain name
- Should not contain any personal information.
Here are a few examples of bad passwords:
- Any single dictionary word (e.g. Aardvark, honey, lights)
Here are a few examples of good passwords: