Important: This article applies to Web.com customers only.
A transfer lock protects a domain name from being transferred out of your account by an unauthorized user.This lock is an added layer of protection to keep your domain names registered to you or your business even if someone were to obtain your unique authorization code.
Here's how you turn the transfer lock feature on or off for your domain:
- 1. Click here to log into your Account Manager.
- The Home page of your Account Manager appears.
- 2. Click the Domains tile. Notice that when you hover over the tile, the instructional text appears:
- 3. In your Domains list, click any domain.
- 4. On the Domains Overview page, click the Transfer Lock option to On.
- Your domain is now protected with the Transfer Lock feature.