The easiest way for your customers to leave a review on Google for your business is to provide them with a direct link.
Follow the steps below to create a custom link based on your Google My Business listing.
Find the PlaceID of Your Business
To create a review link, you will need to obtain the PlaceID that is associated with your business. The PlaceID is a unique string that identifies the location of your business on Google Maps.
To obtain your PlaceID follow these steps:
Note: Your business must be on Google Maps for you to obtain a PlaceID.
- 1. Click here to open Google's PlaceID locator.
- 2. In the Enter a location field, enter your business name, for example, Nassau Jewelry Co.
- As you start typing, select your business name from the drop-down menu.
- Your business appears on the map along with your PlaceID.
- In this example, the PlaceID is ChIJefUkxhH_5IgROyZs_3y5rmY.
- You have obtained the PlaceID that is associated with your business.
Create a Custom Review Link for Your Customers
Now that you have your PlaceID for your business, follow these steps to create the review link:
- 1. Insert your PlaceID in the following URL:
- https://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=insert your PlaceID here.
- 2. Use the PlaceID that is associated with your business. In this example, for the Nasseau Jewelry Co., the final link appears as follows:
When a customer clicks the link, a window appears, which allows them to rate and review your business.
- You have created a custom link that you can share with your customers.