Important: This article applies to Web.com customers only.
In order for your website’s visitor traffic information to appear on your Scorecard, we need to have access to your Google Analytics account. The information helps us measure how your SEO is performing.
Note: Providing us access only pertains to you if we did not design and host your website. If we did, your account should already be linked.
Click the type of Google Account that you have, and then we'll help you drive traffic to your Scorecard:
- I have an active Google Analytics account
- I do not have a Google Analytics account
- I cannot provide access to my Google Analytics account
There are two ways to provide us access to your account:
- Call us at 1-800-338-1771 and provide the login credentials for your website’s Google Analytics account, or
- Add us as a user to your Google Analytics account
Adding Us as a User
Here’s how to get started to add us as a user to your Google Analytics account:
- 1. Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- 2. Click Admin, then click User Management.
- 3. Under Add Permissions For, enter this email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4. Select Edit as the permission type.
- 5. Select Notify this user by email to notify us that we now have access.
- 6. Click Add.
If you do not have a Google Analytics account, then you can set one up here. Just follow Google’s step-by-step instructions and then choose one of the options above to provide us access to your account.
If you are unable to provide us access to your Google Analytics account, that is no problem. You’ll still be able to track your keyword rankings through your Scorecard, watching them improve over time. Just keep in mind the chart that would normally display your website’s visitor traffic will remain blank.