Important: This article applies to Network Solutions® customers only.
You can change the version of PHP that is running on your UNIX hosting packages with Network Solutions. This is necessary if you are trying to run a new theme or plugin that takes advantage of something only found in a newer version of PHP.
Follow these instructions to modify PHP version, which runs on your UNIX hosting package:
- 1. Click here and log in to the Account Manager.
- 2. From the My Products and Services page, click the My Hosting Packages section.
- 3. Click the Manage button for the hosting package that you want to modify.
Note: Remember, only UNIX hosting packages are able to have the PHP version modified.
- 4. Scroll down and click the Show All bar for the Configurations context box.
- 5. Click the icon for PHP Manager.
- The PHP Manager displays the current version of PHP running on your hosting package, as well as the latest supported version.
- 6. Click the drop-down menu to select the version of PHP that you would like to run, and then click on Continue.
Note: Please review your code to ensure that it will work with the version of PHP that you are choosing. You may need to reach out to theme or plugin developers for assistance if you are using a Content Management System.
- 7. Check the box for your PHP scripts to ensure that they will run on the version you have selected. Then click Save to change the version.
- You have now changed the version of PHP running on your UNIX hosting package with Network Solutions.