Important: This article applies to Network Solutions® customers only.
An Authorization Code (Auth code or EPP Key) is similar to a password; it helps prevent unauthorized transfers of your domain.
The easiest way to resolve the Invalid Authorization Code error is to do the following:
- 1. Request a new new authorization code from your current registrar.
- 2. Click here and log in to the Account Manager.
- 3. On the Transfer In page, click the + plus sign next to a domain that is in a status of Invalid Auth Code.
- 4. In the field, enter the new code.
- 5. Click the Submit button.
That’s it! We’ll restart the domain transfer for you.
Note: Authorization codes are case sensitive. Make sure to remove any spaces before or after the code if you choose to copy and paste it.