Important: This article applies to Network Solutions® customers only.
You will need to prepare your domain name for transfer at the registrar where you currently manage the domain. Then you will need to complete a few steps at Network Solutions.
Typically, domain transfers can take between 30 minutes to 8 days to complete, depending on where you currently manage your domain name.
Prepare Your Domain for Transfer at Your Current Registrar
Before you begin the transfer process, make sure you have prepared your domain name. With a few exceptions, the following steps are the same for most domain names:
Please refer to this article for a list of domain extensions that Network Solutions currently supports and also does not support.
- 1. Make sure your domain was registered or transferred more than 60 days ago.
- 2. Remove any locks or security settings at the current registrar.
- 3. Request an authorization code from your current registrar.
- 4. Change your domain privacy settings to public.
Important: In the following step, please read this article before you make any updpates to the admin email address that is associated with your domain name—Why Haven't I Received Any Approval Emails for My Domain Transfer into Network Solutions.
- 5. Check whether you have access to the email address associated with your domain name.
Note: Although optional, you may want to confirm that your domain name is not expiring in the next 10 days to avoid complications in case your transfer takes longer than expected.