Important: This is article applies to Network Solutions® customers only
A transfer into Network Solutions means that you are transferring your registration from your current registrar to Network Solutions. A transfer to another Network Solutions account means that you are transferring your domain from one Network Solutions account into another Network Solutions account.
You will need to prepare your domain name for transfer at the registrar where you currently manage the domain name. Then you will need to complete a few steps at Network Solutions.
Typically, domain transfers can take between 5 to 7 days to complete. Depending on where you currently manage your domain name, some registrars can release the domain early after the transfer has been initiated.
Select the step you need for instructions:
- Prepare at your current registrar
- Initiating transfers into Network Solutions
- Initiating transfers into another Network Solutions account
- Transfers Completed
- Check Transfer Status
1. Make sure your domain was registered or transferred more than 60 days ago.
Important: ICANN, the regulatory body that governs domain names, requires domain name providers to prevent domain transfers in certain circumstances. Specifically, a transfer is not allowed until 60 days after the following events have occurred:
These restrictions apply to both transfer ins to us and transfer outs to another domain provider. Please click here for more information on ICANN's policy when transferring registrations between registrars.
3. Request an authorization code from your current registrar.
4. Change your domain privacy settings to public.
1. Go to https://www.networksolutions.com/
2. Hover your mouse over the Domains tab, then click the Domain Transfer sub-tab.
3. Enter up to 200 domain names you would like to transfer, then click Get Started.
4. Choose the radio button for Person requesting to transfer [insert domain name here], which is currently registered with another Network Solutions Customer or Partner, to my account. Click Continue.
5. Enter the characters displayed on the image and click Continue. This step is required for your protection.
6. You will be taken to the View Your Order page to complete the transfer. No charges will be applied for an internal transfer.
7. Click the Secure Checkout link, and you will then be prompted to create your account.
Initiating Transfers into Another Network Solutions Account
Follow these steps to initiate your domain transfer if you have an existing Register.com account.
1. Click here and log into your Network Solutions account.
2. Click on My Domain Names on the Home page or Domain Names on the right side of the page.
3. Click Transfer Domains at the bottom right of the page.
4. Enter up to 200 domain names you would like to transfer, then click Get Started.
5. You will be taken to the View Your Order page to complete the transfer. No charges will be applied for an internal transfer.
Note: Transfers to another Network Solutions account will not be charged.
Once a transfer request has been initiated, Network Solutions will send an e-mail to the current Account Holder or Primary Contact of the domain name, asking the individual to authorize the transfer request.
The Account Holder/Primary Contact has 14 days to authorize the transfer request. Once a transfer request has been authorized, the domain transfer will complete and the person gaining the domain name will be notified within 48 hours.
For more information on transfer status, click here.