Important: This article applies to Network Solutions ® customers only.
Note: If you have just purchased CodeGuard and before attempting to use the product, please allow up to 30 minutes for CodeGuard to automatically configure your hosting package.
The following steps will help you set up regular processes to back up your websites in the Cloud using the CodeGuard application:
Step 1: Log in to the Network Solutions Account Manager
- 1. Click here to log in to the Account Manager.
- Or copy and paste this URL into a browser window: https://www.networksolutions.com/manage-it/index.jsp. Then enter your login credentials and click the Login button.
Step 2: Launch the CodeGuard Dashboard
- 1. Under My Hosting Packages, click the Cloud Backup link.
Note: If you have multiple hosting packages with CodeGuard, you will be prompted to click the Manage button next to the applicable hosting package in order to access the CodeGuard application.
- 2. On the CodeGuard Management page, click the Launch button to open the full CodeGuard Backup page.
Note: This will open in a new window and direct you to our partner website with CodeGuard.
- Your CodeGuard dashboard should look like this:
Step 3: Adding Your Website
If you purchased CodeGuard through Network Solutions, this step is likely already completed for you. However, if you wish to add an additional website and your plan allows for multiple websites, please continue. Otherwise, skip to Step 5.
- 1. From the bottom of your dashboard, please click either Add FTP/SFTP Website or Add WordPress Website.
- 2. Follow the prompts and the on-page instructions. If you need assistance retrieving your FTP information, please see the Related Topics.
Step 4: Adding a Database to Your Website
- 1. Your website name will be listed on My Sites on the CodeGuard dashboard. To add a database, click the Gear icon towards the right of the page and select Add database.
- 2. Follow the prompts and the on-page instructions. If you need assistance retrieving your database hostname, please see the Related Topics.
Step 5: Using CodeGuard to Back Up Your Websites
Product features can be accessed by navigating the main navigation menu. To get to the main menu from the dashboard, simply click the website under My Sites. This will bring you to the management section of CodeGuard, including the main navigation bar:
Step 6: Take the Dashboard Tour
It is highly recommended that you take the Dashboard tour to familiarize yourself with the dashboard and all of the features.
To access the tour from the dashboard:
- 1. If you are still on the dashboard (You'll know you are on the dashboard if it shows your Weekly Backup Summary) you can navigate to the main management section by clicking on the website you wish to manage.
- 2. At the top right of the page, click the Take Dashboard Tour.
Step 7: Additional Assistance
If you still need additional assistance, you can access the help section at any point.
- 1. Click Help.
- 2. Here you can type your question in the field and press Enter on your keyboard.
- 3. The Top results will display the most popular topics based on the questions asked. Additionally, you can click View more for additional topics.
- 4. The list of topics expands and is shown as follows: