Recommended Password Guidelines:
It is extremely important to make sure your password is secure to ensure the protection of your mailbox and identity.
Email addresses are often used to verify and authenticate your identity. An insecure password could be just as dangerous as posting your social security number online.
Passwords must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 12 characters
- Must contain at least
three of following:
- an uppercase character
- a lowercase character
- a number (0-9)
- a special character ( !@#$%^&*)
- Must not be the same as your current password
- Must not include any portion of your email address
- Should not contain any personal information.
Here are a few examples of bad passwords:
- Your domain name or name
- aardvark, honey, badger, lightswitch or any single dictionary word
Here are a few examples of good passwords:
How to Reset Your Email Box Password within the Network Solutions Account Manager
As an authorized contact on the account, it is important to keep the passwords for mailboxes secure. Occasionally, a user will need to reset the password. Follow these steps for an authorized contact to reset the Email box passwords from within your Account Manager :
- 1. Log into Network Solutions Account Manager by clicking Manage Account.
- 2. Enter your Network Solutions Account Manager username and password.
Note: This is for your Network Solutions Account Manager, not your mailbox.
- 3. Under the My Email section, select Edit Name/Password.
Note: If you do not see the panel below, you may need to select Manage Account again.
- 4. Find the mailbox for which you are resetting the password, then select Edit.
- 5. Enter the desired password in the Password and Confirm Password fields, then select Save Changes.
Note: You will always see 4 dots in the password section for security purposes. This does not mean your password is only 4 characters.