It is always a good idea to have the latest WordPress® update installed. WordPress updates include security updates, bug fixes, and new features for your website.
When a new WordPress update is available, you will receive a notification on your WordPress Dashboard.
To find out if there is a WordPress update, follow these steps:
- 1. Log in to WordPress.
- 2. Navigate to the WordPress Dashboard.
- 3. Click the Dashboard button.
- 4. Click Updates button to see if any updates are currently available.
- If a message appears— An updated version of WordPress is available, then there is a newer version of WordPress.
Updating to a Newer Version of WordPress
Follow these steps to update WordPress:
- 1. Click the Updates button.
- 2. If an update is available, then click the Update Now button.
- A confirmation panel appears when the WordPress update has finished.
- You have updated WordPress to the most recent version.