What is the Difference Between a Normal WordPress Blog and a Secure WordPress Blog?
Secure WordPress® is our fully managed solution for your WordPress security needs. This includes all preventative measures to limit your online risk and attacks that could bring your website down.
The features included in the package create a secure environment for you to house your content and give you peace of mind knowing that your website and customers are safe.
Secure WordPress offers a WordPress blog plus the following extra benefits:
- Data Center Class Firewall
- Malware Protection
- Database Backups
- Dedicated Expert Support
We run a security scan of all themes and plugins before installing them behind our WordPress firewall. They are managed by us and secured prior to giving you access. By doing this, you don’t have to worry about hackers harming your website.
Most of our competitors still have plugins and themes open and require you to keep them protected from potential hackers. We remove that worry by providing a more secure option.
For more information, please visit our Secure WordPress page.
How Do I Install Secure WordPress?
Follow these instructions:
- 1. Log in to the Account Manager.
- 2. Under the My Blog Package section, select your Secure WordPress Package, then click Go.
- 3. Under the Manage Domains section, click Assign New.
- 4. Under the Complete Your Setup - Action Items for You section, click Go.
- The WordPress Installation panel appears.
- 5. On the WordPress Installation panel, fill out the following information:
- Select the domain name that you want to use for your blog from the drop-down list.
- Enter a Username that you want to use for your blog.
- Enter a Password, then re-enter your password that you want to use for your blog.
- Enter an email address that you want to use for your blog.
- Check the I Agree to GNU Public License box.
Note: It is important to have a secure password for your blog. Passwords must start with a letter or number, include at least one number one uppercase letter.
- 6. Once you have filled out the information, click Continue.
- You have completed your install. A button appears to login to WordPress.