Important: This article applies to Network Solutions® customers only.
Included with your Secure WordPress® website is an nsProtect® Secure Certificate. This allows you to secure your website with a Domain Validation (DV) Certificate.
Before proceeding, make sure you have installed Secure WordPress. For more information, please see How Do I Get Started with Secure WordPress?
- 1. Click here and log in to the Account Manager.
- 2. Click My SSL Certificates & Seals.
- 3. Click the Configure button next to nsProtect Secure Certificate - Xpress (unconfigured).
- A panel appears.
Note: If the panel does not appear, turn off your pop-up blocker and try again.
- 4. Click the Provide domain link.
- 5. Enter the domain name that you assigned to the Secure WordPress package in both fields, then click Continue.
- 6. Skip the Provide CSR panel.
Note: You can skip this step because you are installing this certificate on a package already hosted with Network Solutions.
- 7. On the Submit Validation panel, select your email address, then click Continue.
Note: If you no longer have access to the email address you selected, you need to update your email address that is listed in the WHOIS database. Click here for more information.
- The Next Steps panel appears. Also, a validation email will be sent to the email address you selected above.
- 8. In the validation email you are sent, click the link provided and enter the code you are given.
- 9. Click Done on the Next Steps panel.
- A confirmation email is sent that verifies your certificate has been installed. You can now reach a secure version of the domain name.