Databases allow you to set up dynamic and powerful websites. The Microsoft SQL database is one of the most common database server types and is only available on a Windows hosting platform.
Follow these instructions to set up a database:
- 1. Access the Web Hosting Control panel. For help, please see How Do I Access the Web Hosting Control Panel?
- 2. Scroll down to the Configurations section, then click the Database Manager icon.
- 3. Click the Microsoft SQL Server icon.
- 4. Click the Add button.
- 5. Complete the required information and click OK.
- You have created a new database and are returned to the Database Manager.
Note: We recommend that you enable database backups. For more information, please see the Related Topics for the article on how to create a backup of your database.