Every domain name is listed in the public WHOIS database with information about the domain registrant, including you! Anyone can look up domain names in this database to get associated contact information.
Unfortunately, spammers and telemarketers search through WHOIS for new contacts. Private Domain Name Registration puts us between the personal information attached to your domain and the rest of the world. Alternate contact information also keeps your private information confidential.
Here is what is included in Private Registration:
- Alternate contact information spam and telemarketing calls from reaching you.
- People who search the WHOIS database will see contact information for us, instead of your phone number, home address, and email address.
- Unlike with other proxy services, you remain the registrant for the private domain name.
- Email Masking.
- Your Private Registration e-mail address is filtered for spam and forwarded to your designated email account.
Setting Up Private Domain Registration
Follow these easy steps to set up your domain with Private Registration:
- 1. Log in to the Account Manager.
- 2. Select the My Domain Names section.
- Your domain details will show if your registration is public or private.
- 3. If you want to change a public domain to a private domain, click the Make this a Private Registration link.
- Private Registration is now set up for your domain.