Important: This article applies to Network Solutions® customers only.
Welcome! This article will help you learn how to manage your Business Profile with Network Solutions®.
What is a Business Profile?
A business profile is a one-page website published at the domain that you register with Network Solutions®, providing you with an instant online presence. Your profile page offers personalized content that potential customers can use to learn about your business, such as basic contact information and a more detailed overview of your products, services, brands, payment methods, hours of operation, discount offers, and more.
If you decide to launch a website at your domain name, your Business Profile information is still published in our local online directory—ThinkLocal® —for companies based in the United States only. Your business record in ThinkLocal features a link back to your website that both potential customers and search engine spiders can follow to find your site.
How to Access Your Business Profile Settings
If you purchase a domain name from Network Solutions® as a standalone service, which is not part of a Web hosting package, your business profile automatically appears online at your domain name. You do not need to do anything to turn this feature on.
Initially, the Business Profile contains placeholders for your personal and business information until you customize your profile.
How to Customize Your Business Profile
Managing your business profile is easy. Follow these instructions:
- 1. Click here and log in to the Account Manager, then click the My Business Profiles icon.
- 2. Find the domain name where you would like to update your business profile and click Edit Business Profile.
- 3. The Business Profile form appears where you can enter the desired information about your business.
Note: The form for editing a Business Profile will display in a separate window (or tab).
When filling out the form, please keep the following tips in mind:
- The Website Address field is your domain name. You will not be able to edit this field.
- If your business has a local presence, make sure to provide a complete local address. Business listings in the ThinkLocal directory will be created only for U.S. based companies that have a local address.
- Take time to populate the Keywords field. Keywords are search terms that potential customers would enter to find your business online. Keywords are hidden from visitors who view your online profile. However, search engines like Google® and Yahoo!® will use keywords to properly index your website and display it in search results when someone is looking for your products and services.
- Click the Save button to save your information without publishing it on your site.
- Click Publish to post your updated business profile at your domain. For U.S.-based companies with a local presence, a business listing will be created in our ThinkLocal directory when you press the Publish button.
- Hover over the question mark icons located throughout the form to get help on completing your business profile.
We encourage you to provide as much detail as possible about your business and keep this information up-to-date. Fresh information is very appealing to both potential customers and search engine spiders, which constantly crawl the Internet looking for relevant, up-to-date online content.
How to Change Your Domain to Point to an Under Construction Page
To change your domain to point to an Under Construction page instead of your business profile, follow these steps:
- 1. Click here and log in to the Account Manager, then click My Domain Names.
- 2. Select the domain name you want to change and select Manage.
- 3. In the green box, select Change Where Domain Points.
- 4. Click Under Construction Page, then click Continue.
- 5. Select the type of Under Construction page you would like to use, then select Continue.
- Your domain now points to an Under Construction page.