Important: This article applies to Network Solutions® customers only.
The Domain Protect feature adds an extra layer of protection to your domain name registration, guarding your domain against unauthorized domain name transfers. Every domain name registration with Network Solutions® comes with the free Domain Protect feature enabled.
When turned on, Domain Protect helps to block the transfer of your domain name to another registrar. This service also provides protection from domain hijackers and others who may attempt to authorize a transfer of your domain name registration.
Note: Only the account/primary contact can turn the domain on or off.
Follow these instructions to turn the Domain Protect feature on or off:
- 1. In the Domain Add-Ons section, the Domain Protect status is shown, either On or Off.
- 2. To change the setting, click Turn Off or Request Authorization Code.
- 3. Select either Leave Domain Protect on or Leave Domain Protect off.
- 4. If you also need an authorization code, then check the box next to Request Authorization Code.
- 5. Click Save.
- The Domain Protect status is enabled or disabled.