Important: This article applies to Network Solutions® customers only.
You can only create a new domain name server under the domain name(s) that you manage. The new name servers should contain the domain name.
For instance, to create new name servers for the domain janesbagels.com, the server names might be NS1.janesbagels.com and NS2.janesbagels.com. You can also create a new domain name server by following instructions in this article How Do I Move or Change My DNS to a New Server?
Create a New Name Server
Follow these instructions to create a new name server:
- 1. Click here and log in to the Account Manager, then select My Domain Names.
- 2. In the More Domain Options section, select Manage Name Servers.
- 3. In the text box, enter the name of the new domain name server, then click Go.
- 4. Enter the IP address and click Go.
- 5. Review and confirm the settings and click Save Changes.
- An new name server is created.
Edit IP Address
Follow these instructions to edit an IP address:
- 1. In the text box, enter the name of the domain name server, then click Go.
- 2. Edit the IP address, then click Go.
- 3. Review and confirm the settings, then click Save Changes.
- The IP Address is updated.
Replace Name Server
Follow these instructions to replace a name server:
- 1. In the text box, enter the name of the domain name server.
- 2. Enter the replacement domain name server. The server you enter must be an existing server you manage.
- 3. Review and confirm the settings.
- 4. Click Go.
- 5. Review and confirm the settings, then click Save Changes.
- The existing name server is replaced.
Domain Name Server changes may take 24-36 hours to update.
Note: If after logging into Account Manager you still do not have the Sub Tab Manage Name Servers option, please click here to create, edit, or replace Domain Name Servers.