- Download a Program
- How Do I Start Uploading Files Using FTP?
- FTP Troubleshooting and Tips
- How Do I Upload My Custom CGI Script?
Open the search engine of your choice and search for an FTP client application.
If you do not have one, we recommend the 3rd party client, FileZilla. Click the following link to download FileZilla directly:
Follow these instructions to upload files using FTP:
2. Click Connect or OK in your FTP application.
3. Find the files on your local computer that you want to upload. Then drag and drop files to the /htdocs folder or to the sub folder to which your domain name is assigned.
4. On Windows 2008 servers, the root folder is labeled www and not htdocs. If you purchased a Windows hosting package after 9/6/2012 you are on a Windows 2008 server.
Note: Depending on your FTP client, you may need to click the /htdocs or /www folder or subfolder to which your domain is assigned. You will see a similar layout representation as seen in the following image:
The following is a list of steps you can take to troubleshoot problems using FTP:
You can upload CGI scripts by using your FTP account and software.
Please see the following about uploading your CGI scripts on Unix of Windows platforms:
- nsHosting Shared Unix—FTP your CGI scripts to the /cgi-bin directory located in the root directory.
- nsHosting Shared Windows—Your CGI scripts can reside anywhere.