Important: This article applies to Network Solutions® customers only.
A transfer into Network Solutions® means that you are transferring your registration from your current registrar to Network Solutions.
Important Note: This article contains important information. Please read the article information before you initiate any domain transfers into Network Solutions®
The following domain name extensions are available through a manual transfer in process via this fax form:
The following domain name extensions are available through a manual transfer in process via customer service:
The following domain name extensions require a manual process if they are registered through a Chinese registrar:
The following domain name extensions are currently unable to be transferred into Network Solutions®:
Your Current Registrar
Please confirm the following is completed at the current registrar prior to initiating the transfer to Network Solutions to ensure a successful transfer:
- The domain name must be registered for at least 60 days to be eligible for transferring from one registrar to another.
- Domain name must be in an unlocked status. Any security feature for the Domain Name must be deactivated on the current registrar's system.
- Obtain the authorization code, also called an EPP code, from the losing registrar. Certain country-code extensions do not require an authorization code.
- Ensure the WHOIS administrative contact email is valid and any privacy feature is turned off for the domain name.
Initiating the Transfer
Follow these steps to initiate your domain transfer:
- 1. The Gaining Account Holder (Registrant) would go to www.networksolutions.com.
- 2. Hover your mouse over the Domain Names tab, then click the Transfer Your Domain Name sub tab.
- 3. Enter up to 200 domain names that you would like to transfer, then click Get Started.
- The system will return a list of the names that are available for transfer. Check the box next to each name you wish to initiate the transfer for, then click Continue.
- A pop-up window appears for the authorization code.
- 4. Enter the code, then click Continue. If you do not yet have the Authorization Code, then leave the box empty and click Continue. You will have the ability to enter the code in the Account Manager after the transfer has been initiated.
- 5. Select the number of years you want to add to the name when the transfer completes, then click Secure Checkout.
- 6. Enter all of the requested account information on the page, then click Continue.
- If you are an existing customer, log in with your current Network Solutions User ID and Password.
- 7. Enter the payment information, then click I agree to the Service Agreement - Continue.
- An email will be sent to the current WHOIS Administrative contact within 24 hours to approve the transfer. The contact will have 14 days to approve the transfer.
Once the transfer is approved by the WHOIS Administrative Contact, online transfers will complete in 5-7 days. For Fax transfers, please allow one business day for us to process the Fax and the 5-7 days for the transfer to be completed.