Important: This article applies to Network Solutions® customers only.
Transfers with the following domain name extensions can only be initiated manually using a Change of Registrar Request (CRR) form:
Initiate the transfer at least ten days prior to the domain name expiration date listed in WHOIS. When you transfer a domain name registration to Network Solutions, you not only retain the term period left on the registration period, but Network Solutions will add an additional year to your registration period.
To ensure the smoothest transfer, follow these guidelines:
- Verify that the domain name is not in any dispute that would cause the name to be on lock status.
- Confirm that the domain name has been registered for at least 60 days.
- Collect the authorization (or auth) code for the domain name registration from the current registrar.
- Verify that the authorization code is included on the Change of Registrar Request form.
- Fax the manual form to the Network Solutions fax number provided.
Follow these instructions to transfer using the CRR form:
- 1. Go to http://www.networksolutions.com/domain-name-registration/popup-transferform.pdf.
- 2. Print a copy of the form and follow the instructions carefully to complete the requested information. Be sure include the auth code.
- 3. Fax the completed form to the Network Solutions Registrar Change Group at the number provided on the form.
- 4. Upon receipt of the completed form, Network Solutions will send an email message to the Registry requesting transfer of the listed domain name.
- 5. The Registry will send an email message to the current registrar of the domain name.
- 6. In most situations, the current registrar will send an email message to the Account Holder’s Administrative Contact (as listed in the current registrar’s WHOIS record) requesting approval of the transfer to Network Solutions.
- 7. The current registrar will send an email message to the Registry with notice of the acceptance or rejection.
- 8. The Registry will send an email message to Network Solutions with notice of the acceptance or rejection.
- 9. Network Solutions will send an email message to the -mail address specified on the CRR faxed form with notification of the completion of the Change of Registrar Request or notification that the transfer was unsuccessful.