Important: This article applies to Network Solutions® customers only.
Note: Any Account Contact of record can update the WHOIS information.
To view or update your WHOIS contacts:
- 1. Click here and log in to the Account Manager.
- 2. Click the Account Settings tab.
- 3. Click the WHOIS Contacts link.
- If you have multiple accounts, click the button next to the account you want to update, then click Manage Contacts.
- 4. Select the box next to the domain name you want to update, then click the Edit button.
- 5. Select the button next to the contact you want to update,then click the Go button.
- 6. Select the button next to Yourself if you want to be the contact, or select the option that describes how you will identify the contact, then click the Continue button.
- You have updated your WHOIS Contact information.
If you want to assign someone who is not already associated with Network Solutions® and isn't identifiable by the options provided, or you want to create alternate contact information for yourself using a valid email address, click the Create a New User link and below the box and follow these instructions:
- 1. Click the Log Out button.
- 2. Enter a User ID in the Enter User ID text box.
- 3. Enter a password in the Enter New Password text box.
- 4. Re-enter a new password in the Re-enter New Password text box.
- 5. Select a security question from the Select your password security question drop-down menu, or create your own question.
- 6. Type the answer to the question in the Enter your response text box.
- 7. Click the Save button.
- 8. Type the profile information in the appropriate text boxes for the new user, then click the Save button.
- 9. Click the Go to Account Manager Home link and repeat Steps 4-7.
- If you selected:
- Yourself—a confirmation appears.
- Another person you select with access to this account—select the person, then click the Save button. A confirmation appears.
- Another person you select by entering a valid NIC handle—type the NIC handle in the text box, then click the Continue button. A confirmation appears.
- Another person you select by entering a valid User ID—type the User ID in the text box, then click the Continue button. A confirmation appears.
- You have created a new user and can now associate them with your WHOIS Contact information.