To generate your Certificate Signing Request (CSR), you will need to use the following instructions depending on your version of the BigIP software.
F5® BigIP Version 9 and Later
Follow these instructions to generate a CSR for F5 BigIP version 9 or later versions:
- 1. Launch the f5 BIG-IP web GUI
- 2. Under the Local Traffic menu, select SSL Certificates, then click Create.
- 3. Under General Properties give your certificate a name (This name will be used in the future to identify this certificate)
- 4. Under Certificate Properties enter the following information:
Common Name: Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of the server.
Example: domain.com, mail.domain.com, or *.domain.com.
Division: Your department; such as 'IT','Web', 'Office', etc.
Organization: The full legal name of your organization/company (ex.: Acme Safe Co.)
Locality, State or Province, Country: City, state, and country where your organization is located.
E-mail Address: Your email
Challenge Password, Confirm Password: Your password
You should now be provided with the text of a CSR. You will want to copy and paste the entire body of that file into the ordering process when prompted.
F5 BigIP Version 4.x
Follow these instructions to generate a CSR for F5 BigIP version 4x:
- 1. Log into the device as root. Execute the following command:
- You will need to enter all of your company information (name, address etc.)
- 2. Now execute the command:
- #/usr/local/bin/genkey www.yourdomain.com
- 3. Replace www.yourdomain.com with the FQDN you require the certificate for. This will generate the CSR
- The CSR will be saved in a file at the location: /config/bigconfig/ssl.csr/www.yourdomain.com.csr.
- 4. Copy and paste the contents into the enrollment form when requesting a certificate.
- You have generated your CSR for F5 BigIP.