At this time we do not offer a Unified Communications Certificate, however, by following these instructions, you can obtain two certificates for your environment:
- Your existing mail.company.com certificate
- A new Autodiscover.company.com certificate
As long as you can allocate the correct certificate at the correct time you are able to connect with no issues.
Doing this simply requires that you set up two virtual servers on the CAS server. One services Autodiscover.company.com on one IP address and the other services the remaining web services on mail.company.com using a different IP address.
Note: Each virtual site setup will need its own IP address.
Here are the steps:
- 1. Obtain a separate certificate for mail.company.com and Autodiscover.company.com .
- 2. Create a new virtual server in IIS on the CAS.
- 3. Create a new Autodiscover virtual directory in the new virtual server and remove the old one.
- 4. Assign separate IP address, and certificates to each Virtual server.
- 5. Configure your internal SCP to point to Autodiscover.company.com .
- 6. Configure your Internal and External Service URLs to point to mail.company.com .
- 7. Make sure that your configured URLs will resolve internally and externally via DNS to the expected IP address for each of the services.
- You have now generated your CSR on Microsoft® Exchange 2007.
In this configuration, internal domain member clients find the SCP to make the connection to Autodiscover.
External clients find Autodiscover.company.com using DNS to make the connection to Autodiscover. In both cases, the clients are referred to mail.company.com for the actual Exchange Services.