When your Network Solutions® Webmail and your POP3 email program receives a message, Webmail sends a command to automatically delete the email from our server. You can turn this function off for messages that come into your Network Solutions Webmail and your POP3 email program leave a copy stored in Webmail for a pre-designated amount of time.
For instructions on how to leave a copy of your mail on the server for different email clients, please see the Related Topics.
There are a few reasons why you might want to leave a copy of the email on the server:
- You have several devices that you use to receive email. If you do not select this option, only the first program to receive email will see that message.
- For example, if you do not leave a copy turned on and your computer receives the message before your phone, then your phone will not have a chance to see that message.
- You want to use Webmail often and see the same messages that you may have already received to your POP3 email program.
- You want a backup of your messages in case your POP3 program became inaccessible.
There are also reasons why you would not want to leave a copy of the message on the server:
- You do not log in to your Network Solutions Webmail to send and receive email.
- You only use one POP3 program to download mail and store local backups.
- You are concerned about the Webmail getting too full or may forget to check.
Important Points to Remember
- If you leave a copy on the server, please check the Webmail often to make sure you do not exceed the file size limit for your mailbox.
- There will not be a warning that you are getting close to the file size limit. Messages that are deleted because your mailbox is full are not retrievable.
- We recommend that you purchase additional storage if you plan on leaving copies of your messages on the server.