Important: This article applies to customers with SSL services only.
To generate your Certificate Signing Request (CSR), you will need to log into your cPanel® or WHM account. Both cPanel® (the end-user control panel) and WHM (the administrator panel) have slightly different ways to request certificates and generate CSRs.
Follow these instructions to generate a CSR for WHM:
Note: For wildcard certificates, the Common Name should be in the format: *.mydomain.com. We advise to use at least a 2048-bit key, which is the minimum for EV certificates. Click Create.
3. Finally you will be presented with the CSR (labelled Signing Request), the private key, and a temporary self-signed certificate.
4. Copy and paste the contents of the CSR into the enrollment form when requested.
Follow these instructions to generate a CSR for cPanel:1. Log into cPanel. Under the Security menu, click the SSL/TLS Manager.
2. The first step is to create a Private Key. Click the Generate... link.
3. Scroll to the bottom section Generate a New Key and enter your information. We advise to use at least a 2048-bit key, which is the minimum for EV certificates. Click Generate.
4. You will be shown the Private Key and its information. Click the link at the bottom to return to the SSL/TLS Manager.
5. In the SSL/TLS Manager, click the Generate... link under Certificate Signing Requests.
6. Fill out your information in the Generate a New Certificate Signing Request form. Click Generate.
7. You will be shown the CSR and its associated information. Copy and paste the contents of the CSR into the enrollment form when requested.