Important: This article applies to Network Solutions® customers only.
Whether you have an iPhone, iPad, Android, or Blackberry, this article has the necessary instructions to get you on your way in setting up ActiveSync on your mobile device.
How Do I Set Up ActiveSync on My iPhone or iPad?
To set up ActiveSync on your iPhone or iPad, you will need to create two email profiles.
- The first profile will be your IMAP account, which you will use to send and receive email.
- The second profile will be set up as an exchange account which will be used to Sync your Calendar and Contacts:
To set up the first profile, follow the steps in the article, How Do I Set Up Email on My iPhone and/or iPad? If you have already done that, proceed to the steps below to set up your second profile.
To set up the profile that allows you to sync your calendar and contacts, follow these steps:
- 1. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Exchange.
- 2. Enter the email address and password of the mail account that you are setting up.
- 3. If prompted, leave the Domain field blank and enter your email address as the Username and the Password of the email account that you are setting up.
- 4. We recommend to name this description field a term that you will recognize, Calendars and Contacts as this profile will only be used for that purpose. This is to avoid confusion with your actual Mail profile.
- 5. Select Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, and Notes by moving the slider to show Green. Turn the Mail slider OFF as the first profile will handle the mail delivery.
- You have set up ActiveSync on your iPhone or iPad.
How Do I Set Up ActiveSync on My Android?
Note: There are a variety of different android devices running different software and/or different operating systems. If the following steps do not work for you, please contact your provider for assistance.
To set up an ActiveSync account on your phone to allow you to sync your mail, calendar, and contacts, follow these steps:
- 1. Tap Settings > Accounts > Add Account > Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- 2. Enter the Email address and password of the mail account that you are setting up.
- 3. Tap Manual Setup.
- 4. Enter your Email address and password.
- 5. If prompted, leave the Domain field and the Exchange Server field blank.
- 6. Select the box for Use secure connection (SSL).
- 7. If prompted with an SSL or secure connection warning, accept the warning or tap OK.
- 8. Set up the account options—for example, Period to sync Email, Sync schedule—as desired then tap Next to complete your setup.
- You have set up ActiveSync on your Android.
How Do I Set Up ActiveSync on My Windows Phone?
To set up an ActiveSync account on your Windows Phone to sync your mail, calendar, and contacts, follow these steps:
- 1. Tap Settings > email + accounts > add an account > advanced setup.
- 2. Enter the Email address and Password of the mail account that you are setting up and tap sign in.
- 3. Tap Exchange ActiveSync.
- 4. Enter your full email address as the User Name.
- 5. Leave the Domain field blank.
- 6. Enter mail.yourdomain.com for the Server. For example, if your email address was firstname.lastname@example.org, then the server is mail.webemailsupport.com.
- 7. Ensure the checkbox for Server requires encrypted (SSL) connection is checked.
- 8. Tap sign in.
- 9. Verify all of the information presented and tap sign in to complete your setup.
- 10. To change the time period for syncing emails, tap Mail -> small dots icon -> settings -> sync settings.
- You have set up ActiveSync on your Windows Phone.
How Do I Set Up ActiveSync My Blackberry?
Current or more recent Blackberry devices do utilize normal ActiveSync. Examples include the any of the Z or Q devices, the Leap, or the Passport. If you are not sure that if your device is compatible, please check with your provider.
To set up an ActiveSync account on your Blackberry to sync your mail, calendar, and contacts, follow these steps:
- 1. Tap Settings > Accounts > Advanced > Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- 2. Enter the Description. This can be whatever you would like to use to reference this account.
- 3. Leave the Domain field blank.
- 4. Enter the full email address for both the Username and Email Address fields.
- 5. Enter the password for your email account in the Password field.
- 6. Enter mail.yourdomain.com for the Server Address. For example, if you email address was email@example.com, then the server is mail.webemailsupport.com.
- 7. Ensure Use VPN is turned off.
- 8. Set the Push, Sync Internal, and Timeframe options as desired.
- 9. Click Next to proceed to the last step.
- 10. Ensure Email, Contacts, and Calendar are set to On. Tasks and Memos are optional.
- 11. Click Done to complete your setup.
- You have set up ActiveSync on your Blackberry.
Blackberry Tips and Troubleshooting
If you have an older Blackberry, you will need to use Blackberry’s Mobility called Blackberry powered by AstraSync. Click here to access Blackberry powered by AstraSync.
Since these Blackberry devices are no longer supported, we cannot provide a full walk through. Please refer to the following links for reference, and review the settings table in the article, Network Solutions—How Do I Get Started with ActiveSync for Email Mobility?, when prompted for any settings.
Note: During setup, you will be required to enter a PIN number. If have trouble receiving the PIN number, then you can have a new message sent to you containing a PIN by logging into your Network Solutions Account Manager and navigating to the mailbox details of the mailbox for which you purchased AstraSync. Under Manage Mobile Email Phone Number, you can enter the phone number of the phone you are setting up and click Save Changes to send your phone a text message with the PIN.
Here are some tips to help improve your experience:
- Choose Manual Setup, which allows you to manually enter your server.
- When asked about email delivery options, Pull, seems to be the most battery-friendly option and the most reliable.