Important: This article applies to Network Solutions customers only.
This article contains important information to further assist you when you validate the SSL Certification.
Note: Please click Document Instructions for Personal Identification if needed.
When Validating an SSL for Business
We will attempt to verify some or all of the following information online:
- WHOIS information for your domain name registration—Please note that the domain name registrant's information must match the information for the applicant to whom the Certificate is being issued.
- Articles of Incorporation
- Dun & Bradstreet number
If we are unable to locate this information online, we will ask you to fax documentation to 866-294-0799 or email firstname.lastname@example.org it to us before we can complete your validation. We may also request additional documentation, which may include, but is not limited to:
- Bank statement, utility bills, or telephone bills in the business name
- Government-issued business license
You must fax 866-294-0799 or email email@example.com the following information before we can complete your validation.
- Copy of a valid driver's license or valid passport issued to the domain name registrant.
- Copy of a recent phone bill belonging to the domain name registrant.
- Copy of a utility bill or bank statement belonging to the domain name registrant.
We will attempt to verify you access to the domain control validation email address selected. Once you have received the validation email for your SSL Certificate, please click the confirmation link and submit the validation code.
Network Solutions Issues Your SSL Certificate
- Upon successful validation, you will be notified via email and Account Manager that your SSL Certificate has been issued and is available for download.
- If your website is hosted on a Network Solutions Web server, your SSL Certificate will be installed automatically.
- If your website is hosted elsewhere, you or your hosting provider will need to install the SSL Certificate on your website.
Generating Your SSL Seal
After your SSL Certificate has been issued and installed, you may generate and install a SSL Seal on your website.
- Within Account Manager, start by selecting the Seal Design—color and layout—you desire.
- Click Generate Code.
- Then install the code for your seal on your Web pages.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact a specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll-free at 877-228-1023.
Note: The term for any nsProtect Secure SSL Certificate you have purchased will begin on the date of purchase.