Important: This article applies to Network Solutions® customers only.
This article explains how your nsProtect® Assured Site Seal will be validated and issued and actions you may need to take to complete these steps.
How Your Assured Site Seal Is Validated and Issued
You manage the validation and installation process for your nsProtect Assured Site Seal through your Network Solutions® Account Manager.
Please perform the following steps to get started:
- 1. Click here and log in to the Account Manager.
- 2. Click the My Protects & Services tab.
- 3. Scroll down and click the My Security Products link; the details page appears of your nsProtect Assured Site Seal.
- If you have more than one nsProtect Assured Site Seal in your account, click a package name to see the details for each site seal .
- 4. Assign the appropriate domain to which the nsProtect Assured Site Seal will be associated.
- If you have more than one nsProtect Assured Site Seal product, then select the specific Site Seal that need to configure. You can select a domain name from your account or enter a domain manually.
- 5. Complete the necessary validation information and documentation.
Important: We cannot begin the validation process until all information is provided. Once we have received all required documents the validation process will take two to four business days with the purchase of the nsProtect Assured Site Seal. We cannot issue your nsProtect Assured Site Seal until the validation process is completed.
- 6. Generate your nsProtect Assured Site Seal.
- 7. For either order, Business or Individual, follow the process further down in this article.
- 8. After your nsProtect Assured Site Seal has been validated, generate and install a Site Seal on your website. In the Account Manager, select the Seal Design—color and layout—of your choice. Click Generate Code.
- 9. Then install the code for your seal on your website pages.
Validation for Business Orders
We will attempt to verify some or all of the following information online:
- WHOIS information for your domain name registration (Please note that the domain name registrant's information must match the information for the applicant to whom the Certificate is being issued.)
- Articles of Incorporation
- Dun & Bradstreet number
If we are unable to locate this information online, we will ask you to fax (866-294-0799) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) it to us before we can complete your validation. We may also request additional documentation, which may include, but is not limited to:
- Bank statement, utility bills, or telephone bills in the business name
- Government-issued business license
Validation for Individual Orders
You must fax, 866-294-0799, or e-mail, email@example.com, the following information to Network Solutions before we can complete your validation:
- Copy of a valid driver's license or valid passport issued to the domain name registrant
- Copy of a recent phone bill belonging to the domain name registrant
- Copy of a utility bill or bank statement belonging to the domain name registrant
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact a nsProtect Assured Site Seal specialist 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll-free at 877-228-1023.
Note: The term for any nsProtectTM Assured Site Seal you have purchased will begin either 90 days from the purchase date—even if your Certificate has not been issued at that time—or at the date of issuance, whichever comes first.