Extended Validation SSL Certificates, also known as EV Certificates, provide the strictest validation requirements to prove to your customers that your site is not a phishing or fraudulent website and that it's safe to proceed on your website.
Install the Server file certificate using Key Manager
You should have received your certificate from us, a file typically named your_domain_com.crt as well as the CA bundle file containing the intermediate certificates, typically named either dv_chain.txt, ov_chain.txt or ev_chain.txt and downloadable from your SSL control panel
Follow these instructions to copy the file(s) you received to the server:
2. Install the new IIS SSL Server certificate by clicking on the key in the www directory (usually a broken key icon with a line through it), and select Install Key Certificate
3. Enter the Password
"Any assigned" is acceptable if you do not have any other IIS SSL certificates installed on the web server
Store the backup file on the hard drive AND off the server
Installing the Root & Intermediate Certificates
Your IIS SSL Certificate will have been emailed to you. The email will also contain two or more other Certificates: the ROOT certificate and Intermediate CA certificate.
1. Save these Certificates to the desktop of the web server machine
It is essential that you have installed these two Certificates on the machine running IIS 4
You may also download them from the support section of the website
You must now complete one of the following procedures
The procedure you follow is dependent on the Service Pack that has been implemented on your machine that is operating IIS4
Install the above certificates in your Internet Explorer by opening each certificate and clicking Install Certificate.
You may then use this IIS CA batch file to transfer all root certificates from your Internet Explorer to the IIS Certificate store
Service Pack 4 or Later:
Install the above certificates manually in a specific root store.
1. Install the Root certificate by double clicking on the corresponding file. This will start an installation wizard
2. Select Place all certificates in the following store and click Browse
3. Select Show physical stores
4. Select Trusted Root Certification Authorities
5. Select Local Computer, click OK
6. When back in the wizard, click Next, click Finish
7. Repeat the same for the Intermediate CA Certificate, however choose to place the certificates in the Intermediate Certification Authorities store