Important: This article applies to customers with SSL services only.
Extended Validation SSL Certificates, also known as EV Certificates, provide the strictest validation requirements to prove to your customers that your site is not a phishing or fraudulent website and that it's safe to proceed on your website.
Step 1: Install the Server File Certificate Using Key Manager
Follow these instructions to copy the file(s) you received to the server:
1. Go to Key Manager
2. Install the new IIS SSL Server certificate by clicking on the key in the www directory (usually a broken key icon with a line through it), and select Install Key Certificate
3. Enter the Password 4. When you are prompted for bindings, add the IP and Port Number
"Any assigned" is acceptable if you do not have any other IIS SSL certificates installed on the web server
Note: Multiple certificates installed on the same Web server will require a separate IP Address for each because SSL does not support host headers.
5. Go to the Computers menu and select the option Commit Changes, or close Key Manager and select Yes when prompted to commit changes The new IIS SSL Server certificate is now successfully installed!
6. Back up the Key in Key Manager by clicking on Key menu> Export -> Backup File
Store the backup file on the hard drive AND off the server
Step 2: Installing the Root & Intermediate Certificates
Your IIS SSL Certificate will have been emailed to you. The email will also contain two or more other Certificates: the ROOT certificate and Intermediate CA certificate.
1. Save these Certificates to the desktop of the web server machine
It is essential that you have installed these two Certificates on the machine running IIS 4
You may also download them from the support section of the website
2. Once you have installed the Certificates, restart the machine that is operating IIS 4
You must now complete one of the following procedures
The procedure you follow is dependent on the Service Pack that has been implemented on your machine that is operating IIS4
Service Pack 3:
Install the above certificates in your Internet Explorer by opening each certificate and clicking Install Certificate.
You may then use this IIS CA batch file to transfer all root certificates from your Internet Explorer to the IIS Certificate store
Service Pack 4 or Later:
Install the above certificates manually in a specific root store.
1. Install the Root certificate by double clicking on the corresponding file. This will start an installation wizard
2. Select Place all certificates in the following store and click Browse
3. Select Show physical stores
4. Select Trusted Root Certification Authorities
5. Select Local Computer, click OK
6. When back in the wizard, click Next, click Finish
7. Repeat the same for the Intermediate CA Certificate, however choose to place the certificates in the Intermediate Certification Authorities store 8. Reboot the web server to complete the installation