Extended Validation SSL Certificates, also known as EV Certificates, provide the strictest validation requirements to prove to your customers that your site is not a phishing or fraudulent website, and that it is safe to proceed on your website.
To install your certificate, you will need to log into your cPanel® or WHM® account. Both cPanel (the end-user control panel) and WHM (the administrator panel) have slightly different ways to install certificates.
You will have received your certificate from us, a file typically named our_domain_com.crt as well as the CA bundle file containing the intermediate certificates, typically named Apache_Plesk_Install.txt.
Follow these instructions to install your certificate using WHM:
- 1. Log into WHM. From the menu, navigate to the SSL/TLS section, then click Install a SSL Certificate and Setup the Domain.
- 2. Open the certificate file in a text editor (this is the file with your domain in the filename)and copy and paste the contents into the top box.
- 3. Click the second Fetch button near the key file section.
- This will retrieve the private key and domain, user and IP address information from the server and populate it into the form for you.
- 4. Scroll down to the bottom of the form. You will see a box labelled Paste the ca bundle here (optional).
- 5. Open the ca-bundle file and copy and paste the contents into this box.
- 6. Click the Submit button, and after a minute or two the certificate will be installed and set up on the domain. See notes below if you did not receive the ca-bundle file.
- You have installed your EV SSL Certificate usingWH M.
Follow these instructions to install your certificate usingcPanel:
- 1. Log into cPanel. Under the Security menu, click the SSL/TLS Manager.
- 2. Click the bottom link for Certificates.
- 3. In the box that reads Paste the crt below:, copy and paste the contents of your certificate file (typically named your_domain_com.crt).
- Alternatively, you can upload it through the browser. Click the Upload button. The certificate will get uploaded and installed to the site.
- You have installed your EV SSL Certificate usingcPanel.
Note: If you did not receive the ca-bundle file, it can be constructed from the intermediate certificate(s). Simply create a new text file, and copy the contents of the intermediate certificates into it, one after another. Copy them in order, top-to-bottom: your_domain_com.crt and AddTrustExternalCARoot.crt.