Windows Live Mail is typically not included with Windows 7 and must be added as a separate download. Click here to download the Windows Essentials download pack, which includes Windows Live Mail.
In order to complete the steps below, you must first download and install Windows Live Mail. The setup instructions below will assume you have done that have already opened the program.
- 1. Open Windows Live Mail. Upon Launch, you will be prompted to add your Email Account. If you already have an account configured, you can launch Windows Live Mail and select Accounts > Email.
- 2. Complete the following fields. Then click Next to continue.
Setting Required Information Email Address Your full email address.
Password Enter the password that you set when you created the mailbox in your account manager. Display Name Enter the name you would like to be displayed in the from field when somebody receives your email. Manually Configure Server Settings Checked
Note: It is recommended that you also select Remember Password unless multiple users have access to your profile on your computer.
- 3. From the Configure server settings panel, enter all necessary information. Then click Next.
- Under the Incoming server information column, complete the required information:
Incoming Setting Required Information Server Type Select POP3 or IMAP4 Server Address
Port This will fill in automatically, but if it does not, use 110 for POP3 and 143 for IMAP. Requires a secure connection (SSL) Not checked Authenticate using Clear text Logon username Your full email address of the email box that you are currently setting up.
- Under the Outgoing server information column, complete the required information:
Outgoing Setting Required Information Server Address
For Register.com customers:
Port 587 Requires a secure connection (SSL) Not checked Requires authentication Checked
- Click Next to continue.
- 4. Click Finish to complete the process.
- Your email account is now set up. You may begin using Windows Live Mail.