Note: If this is your first time setting up Outlook 2011, you will likely need to start with Step 1a and then proceed to Step 3. If you already have a different email account set up and/or currently use Outlook 2011, start with Step 1b and proceed to Step 3.
Follow the steps below to set up Outlook 2011:
- 1a. If this is the first time setting up an email account, you should see a screen similar to the one shown below.
- Click Add Account, then click E-mail Account.
- 1b. If you already have an email account set up, when you open Outlook, select Tools, then Accounts from the menu bar.
- 2. Add a new Email account by selecting the + button and E-mail.
- 3. Use the following table to enter all of the required settings. Then click Add Account.
Setting Required Information Email address Enter the full email address of the account that you are setting up.
Password Enter the password that you set when you created the mailbox in your account manager. User name The full email address of the email box that you are currently setting up.
Type Select IMAP or POP3. Incoming server mail.<yourdomainname.com>
Incoming server port 110 for POP or 143 for IMAP.
Note: This will likely auto-populate for you.
Override default port Unchecked Use SSL to connect Unchecked Outgoing server
For Register.com customers:
Outgoing server port 587 Override default port Checked Use SSL to connect Unchecked
- 4. Click More Options under the Outgoing server section.
- 5. Select Use Incoming Server Info for authentication, then click OK.
- Your email account is now set up. You may close the Accounts window and begin using Outlook 2011.