To set up Outlook 2010, follow these instructions:
- 1. To start the setup process, open Outlook and Select File > Accounts > Add Account.
- 2. Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
- 3. From the Choose Service panel, select POP or IMAP and click the Next button.
- From the POP and IMAP Accounts Settings panel, enter all of the required information and select More Settings:
Settings Required Information Your Name Enter the name you would to be displayed in the from field when somebody receives your email. Email Address Enter your full email address of the email box that you are currently setting up.
Account Type Select POP3 or IMAP Incoming mail server mail.<yourdomainname.com>
Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
For Register.com customers:
User Name Enter your full email address of the email box that you are currently setting up. Password Enter the password that you set when you created the mailbox in your account manager.
Note: It is recommended that you also select Remember Password unless multiple users have access to your profile on your computer.
Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) Unchecked Deliver new messages to: New Outlook Data File
- 5. More Settings opens a new window that has three tabs. Select the Outgoing Server tab.
- 6. From the Outgoing Server tab, select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and then select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- 7. Select the Advanced tab from the same popup window.
- Change the Outgoing server (SMTP) port to 587 and enter Inbox for the Root folder path, then click OK to proceed.
- You will be returned to the POP and IMAP Account Settings panel.
- 8. Click the Next button.
- 9. Outlook will then attempt to test your account settings. Let the process complete until the Congratulations panel appears. Then click the Close button.
- 10. Click Finish. Your Outlook is now set up and you can begin to use the application.
- Your email account is now set up. You may begin using Outlook 2010.