These instructions are for initial set up of your email service with an email client or device. For instructions to change existing mail settings, please click here.
If you have recently received an email requesting changes to your email settings or logging into webmail login page, please click here.
* If you are setting up an Apple device click here for the easy setup instructions: https://knowledge.web.com/subjects/article/KA-01942
POP3 and IMAP are protocols that allow you to use your favorite email software to manage your email. Most computers and mobile devices have a mail program built into their operating system. There are other options as well, such as Outlook, if you do not want to use any of the included programs.
For additional information, please review the FAQs for Windows, MAC, and Mobile at the bottom of this page.
- What Settings Do I Need to Set Up POP3 and IMAP?
- How Do I Set Up My Specific POP3/IMAP Software or Device?
Use the following table to help identify the information needed for setting up a POP3 or IMAP account:
|Email Address||The Email address you are setting up||The email address you are setting up|
|Incoming Mail Server||mail.<yourdomainname.com>
|Outgoing Mail Server
For Register.com customers:
For Register.com customers:
|Username||Your Full Email Address
|Your Full Email Address
|Password||The password you set when you created the mailbox||The password you set when you created the mailbox.|
|Incoming Server Port||110||143|
|Outgoing Server (SMTP) Port||587||587|
|Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires authentication||Yes —Your Full Email address and Password||Yes—Your Full Email address and Password|
Note: For newly registered domain names, it may take up to 48 hours for your settings to activate. If you have just configured the mailbox, it may take up to 4 hours for the mailbox to be fully functional.
Select the table with your brand of product—Windows, MAC, or Mobile. Then, click your product link for setup instructions and FAQs for the software or device that you are using.
Note: If the device or software is not listed below, please consult the manufacturer of the device or software and utilize the settings in the table above.
|If you have this Windows Email version||Then click the link to consult the following setup article|
|Outlook 2016||Outlook 2016 Support|
|Outlook 2013||Outook 2013 Support|
|Outlook 2010||Outlook 2010 Support|
|Windows Live Mail||Windows Live Mail Support|
|Windows 8 Mail||Windows 8 Mail Support|
|Windows 10 Mail||Windows 10 Mail Support|
|Mozilla Thunderbird||Mozilla Thunderbird Support|
|If you have this Mac Email version||Then click the link to consult the following setup article|
|Mac Mail||How Do I Set Up Email on My Mac?|
|Outlook 11||How Do I Set Up Outlook 2011 Mail?|
|Entourage||How Do I Set Up Entourage on My Mac?|
|If you have this mobile device||Then click the link to consult the following setup article|
|iPhone/iPad||iPhone and iPad Support|
|Android||Android 5.0 - Lollipop
Android 7.0 - Nougat
Android 8.0 - Oreo
|Windows Phone||Windows Phone Support|
To update your email settings:
- You will need to make two changes to your current email settings. Change your:
- 1.Incoming Mail Server to: mail.‹yourdomain.extension›
- 2.Outgoing Mail Server to: smtp.‹yourdomain.extension›
- 1.Log into your webmail service directly. You'll need to use the url mail.‹yourdomain.extension› and replace any existing bookmarks with this new login location.
- For example, if your domain name is webmail.info, then your login url and Incoming Mail Server setting would be mail.webmail.info